The After-School Care program is available to St. David's students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through eighth.
The program, under the supervision of St. David's staff, consists of a snack break, a homework period, indoor and outdoor activities. The aim of the program is to provide quality care for students within a safe and nurturing environment.
The older students in After-School Care love to be mentors. They want nothing more than to show the little ones how to do basketball drills or make paper airplanes. It helps everyone grow.emlyn henley,
After-School Care operates on full school days. The regular hours are from 3:10 p.m. until 6 p.m. Pre-kindergarten through eighth grade students may not remain on campus without appropriate supervision. Lower School students who have not been picked up by 3:40 p.m., and Middle School students who have not been picked up by 4:00 p.m. will be included in the program and charged the daily drop-in fee of $25.
While the schedule will often vary due to weather and amount of homework, a typical afternoon would be:
3:15 p.m., Snack
3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Homework or Free Play
4:30 - 5:30 p.m., Outdoor Play, weather permitting
For every child (per child) who is picked up from ASC past 6 p.m., an additional $1 per minute charge will be billed to the child's account.
The program operates on full school days and therefore is not available on half days, school conference days, school holidays, or snow days. If St. David's closes early because of inclement weather, After-School Care will also close. Please check your school calendar and grade level calendars on a regular basis to note early dismissal dates or for any other changes.
- ASC is not available on early-release days.
- Registered drop-in participants are welcome to attend ASC on any full day of school as long as the ASC Director is notified by 1 p.m. of that day.
- An annual participant whom is present at school, but will not be attending ASC must inform the ASC director before 1 p.m. that day. If an annual participant is not in attendance and notification has not been given, the following procedure will be followed:
- The absentee and early dismissal lists will be rechecked.
- The assistant for the Lower or Middle School will be contacted.
- Parents or emergency contacts will be called.
- Every Lower School and Middle School student must be supervised at all times while on St. David's campus. Therefore, every Lower School student not picked up by 3:40 p.m. and every Middle School student not picked up by 4 p.m. (after Extra Help or club meetings) will be admitted into ASC. The drop-in fee will be applied at this time.
- For the safety of your child, it is St. David's policy that Middle School students attending ASC will not be permitted to attend varsity games or other after-school events without an ASC counselor.
- All persons who are authorized to pick up your student from ASC must sign the daily attendance roster. Also, until the ASC staff knows you by sight, please show a picture ID.